Wealth Management

Voted #6 on Top 100 Family Business influencer on Wealth, Legacy, Finance and Investments: Jacoline Loewen My Amazon Authors' page Twitter:@ jacolineloewen Linkedin: Jacoline Loewen Profile

September 13, 2013

Why Owners Do Not Sell When They Should - Michael Lay, OnCap

In the Globe and Mail, interesting article with a highly relevant comment from Michael Lay, managing partner at Onex's mid-market private equity business, Oncap.

It's a tough time to acquire. Many private businesses the group has pursued have owners who believe strength is returning to the equity markets and are reluctant to sell. "Or, a number of them have said 'I'm comfortable with my business, I know it, if you guys write me a cheque I don't know what I'd do with it,'" he said.”

What do you think?


No comments: